Configuring DandelionFilter on anything other than /* cause NullPointerException

Configuring DandelionFilter on anything other than /* cause NullPointerException

Gorag
I have a large legacy application that I am trying to run a JSF 1.2 with conventional web.xml configuration alongside a Spring/Thymeleaf with Java config application. Both in the same WAR as I need to share information extracted from the legacy app with the newer spring based app. However, when I configure the dandelion filter to map to anything other than the /* context, I get a NullPointerException in the DandelionServlet when it tries to extract the Context. I can see from the source of Dandelion that the filter is adding the context to the request, however, when the servlet reads the request, the attribute is gone. Please note I am also using the utraq/thymeleaf-layout-dialect and using AJAX and fragment replacement for loading content. I think somewhere in the mix the context request attribute is getting lost.

I have tested with the filter mapped to /* and everything works fine, except the legacy application breaks because of the jquery files dandelion brings in. Is there a way I can configure dandelion filter to map to something other than /*?

Re: Configuring DandelionFilter on anything other than /* cause NullPointerException

Thibault Duchateau
Administrator
Hi Gorag,

Thanks for the detailed explanations.

First of all, a bug has been spotted about Thymeleaf fragments loading: see https://github.com/dandelion/dandelion/issues/28.

About the filter mapping, I've never tested with something else than "/*", mainly because I never thought about applying the filter on a "part" of the application only. :-)

With Dandelion 0.10.x, I cannot think of an easy way. Further details may help.
With the next version, a new request handler mechanism has been added. One of the built-in handlers is in charge of the asset injection and will be easy extendable so that you can reduce its applicability (either by black- or white-listing request URIs).

Regards,
Thibault.

EDIT: I moved your topic in the Dandelion forum, more in accordance with your question